Fort Riley and the 1st Infantry Division appreciate the enormous sacrifices made by our neighbors as we train for the defense of our country. Among those sacrifices is the occasional disruption of daily life by the sometimes intrusive noise caused by on-post training.
The 1st Infantry Division and the other units that call Fort Riley and the Central Flint Hills Region home, train hard to be ready at a moment's notice to answer our nation's call. Sometimes this fast-paced training results in loud artillery, low-flying aircraft, weapons or demolition noise.
We at Fort Riley pledge to do our best to keep our neighbors informed about when and where those disruptions are likely to occur. Please contact the Community Relations Office with all concerns regarding noise, vibration, excessive dust, low-flying aircraft and/or maneuver damage from the Fort Riley area, by calling (785) 239-2022/3358, or by email
Noise and Training Advisory for July 24 - August 03:
Please see below for the times during which scheduled training could yield significant noise from Tank, Artillery and Mortar certification fire, and explosions due to demolition training:
July 24 - 27
- Scheduled training has the potential to yield significant noise between the hours of 7 a.m. and Midnight.
- Scheduled training has the potential to yield significant noise between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
July 29 - 30
- Scheduled training is not expected to yield significant noise.
- Scheduled training is expected to yield significant noise between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
August 01 - 03
- Scheduled training is expected to yield significant noise between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and Midnight.
Road/Area Closures - N/A
Hot cars are deadly to children and pets. Please exercise caution.