Fort Riley, Kansas


Getting Settled

Welcome to Fort Riley, Kansas. Through information below, you can quickly learn about living on-post, living off-post, temporary lodging, services available to newcomers and the Fort Riley community.

Traffic Report - closures and delays. The map and information is provided for use in choosing the best route to enter post. Included are notices of road repairs being done to allow time in your travel or taking alternate routes through post.

In-processing briefings - Soldiers attend the Newcomer's Brief sessions. These in-processing briefings are held each Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at Patton Hall Auditorium, 200 Henry Avenue, unless otherwise noted to your Soldier by 1st Replacement Company. Fort Riley conducts a Victory Welcome/Fort Riley Network Meeting once a month that newcomers are required to attend. Spouses are welcome and encouraged to attend this event that includes information booths, announcements of upcoming events, and key information on projects or initiatives that affect the installation.

Victory Welcome/Fort Riley Network Meeting – Are you new to Fort Riley? Want to get to know what is happening on the installation and local communities? Come to the next Victory Welcome/Fort Riley Network Meeting. There will be booths available to meet members from local agencies and organizations as well as your units Family Readiness Support Assistant. Prizes are given away along with valuable information on upcoming events throughout the Fort Riley area. Great opportunity to meet new people and make new friendships! 12:45-1:20 p.m. - Booths, 1:30-2:20 p.m. - Network, 2:30 p.m. - until complete - Victory Welcome. Meeting is held the last Thursday of each month at Riley’s Conference Center, 446 Seitz Drive on Main Post. Information on future Victory Welcome/Fort Riley Network events will be published through MWR and unit information channels.

Living on-post - Corvias Military Living is a development, construction and property management firm, founded in 1998 to provide improved housing for America’s service members and their families.

o Advantages of living on-post – On-post living offers you a sense of community, convenience and many amenities commonly found in upscale residential neighborhoods. In addition, on-post living saves you money and allows you to maintain your military lifestyle.

o Corvias Military Living pet policy effective June 1, 2012. The link here will take you to an article that was in The Post paper. Any questions should be addressed with Corvias Military Living.

Living off-post – All Soldiers new to Fort Riley are required to go to Housing Services Office (HSO), located on the second floor of Carr Hall at 45 Barry Avenue on Main Post. You may contact HSO by calling (785)239-2768 or 239-2767. The HSO toll free number is 1-800-643-8991. HSO personnel provide many services to ensure that adequate, approved housing can be located in the surrounding communities. HSO builds relationships between landlords and Soldiers by connecting Soldiers to landlords that have suitable approved housing available. HSO also maintains up-to-date listings of rental units or homes for sale. Follow this link to view more information on HSO and the services they provide.

Fort Riley Points of Interest Map - We are unable to post detailed maps of the installation to the public website but you can obtain maps from Army Community Service on arrival or by calling ACS at (785)239-9435 or by email using the following email address:

Fort Riley Post Guide and Directory - Information on in-processing, housing, health care, employment, education, services and recreation on Fort Riley and in the local communities.

Army Community Service (ACS) – is located in 7264 Normandy Drive on Custer Hill and offers services in 12 programs including Army Family Action Plan (AFAP), Army Family Team Building (AFTB), Deployment and Mobilization Family Readiness (DMFR), Employment Readiness (ERP), Exceptional Family Member (EFMP), Family Advocacy (FAP), Financial Readiness (FRP), Information & Referral (Outreach Program), Relocation Readiness(RRP), Soldier and Family Assistance Center (SFAC), Survivor Outreach Services (SOS), and VolunteerOpportunities (ACSV). You can reach any ACS program by using the following email address: and including the program name in the subject line. The phone number for ACS is (785)239-9435.

Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) – This program helps Families with children with special needs get connected to the resources to meet their needs. EFMP has many components, including medical, educational, housing, CYSS, support moving to and from Fort Riley, and many more. Some events EFMP puts on are the Spring Fling, summer camp, the Special Needs Rodeo, a trip to the pumpkin patch, and a December holiday celebration. There is an EFMP support group that meets monthly at the Army Community Service building where they participate in an activity that involves the children and parents. It is an opportunity to learn about new information, network and become involved in Family fun activities. For those enrolled in the Fort Riley EFMP, TRICARE has a benefit known as Extended Care Health Option (ECHO) which further benefits the Exceptional Family Member. To initiate enrollment into the ECHO program, Families should contact the Fort Riley EFMP office at (785)239-7198.

Respite care – Respite care is a program that provides a temporary rest period for Family members responsible for the regular care of persons with disabilities. Care may be provided in the EFMP respite care user’s home or other settings such as special needs camps and enrichment programs. It is time limited based on the Exceptional Family Member condition and availability of funding. Up to 40 hours per month may be approved. Contact ACS EFMP staff at (785)239-9435. The EFMP staff will explain the process, paperwork and answer any questions you may have at this time.

Multi-cultural information – Our Multi-Cultural Program strives to minimize cultural and language barriers while enhancing the quality of life by providing skills and coping mechanisms to assist with minimizing the challenges language and cultural barriers can bring. We provide the opportunity for foreign born Soldiers and their Family members to obtain citizenship, interact with others who are from cultural diverse backgrounds, as well as, learn the culture of their new home, Fort Riley.

Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH), 600 Caisson Hill Road.

Veterinary Services – Routine and minor medical calls for small animals, dogs and cats can be seen on post, 226 Custer Avenue at the Veterinary Services and Stray Animal Facility. For those living on post, a Rabies and a DA2PP vaccine are necessary. Microchips are also required. Veterinary Services is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on holidays and the last day of each month. Other closures are posted outside of the clinic and on the answering machine. A stray facility also exists, from which pets may be adopted or lost pets may be located. If a stray is seen, call the military police at (785)239-6767. For more information on Veterinary Services call (785)239-3886 or the Stray Facility at (785)239-6183.

Temporary Lodging – Temporary lodging is run by Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG). If you are planning on staying in the lodging facility or one of the guest houses, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Families may make reservations once orders are received by calling 1-877-711-TEAM (8326) or calling (785)239-2830, or DSN 312-856-2830. Ensure you have confirmed lodging reservations before traveling to Fort Riley. There are limited pet facilities in on-post lodging. Budget accordingly with length of time it may take to locate housing.

AtHocHow to sign up for AtHoc severe weather notification. Ensure you and your Family are notified while you are deployed or at work! Fort Riley can send you Severe Weather notification via email (work or personal) or text directly to your Cell Phone when it happens.

• Lending Closet – The ACS Relocation Readiness Program operates the Lending Closet and offers assistance to Families who are affected by Permanent Change of Station (PCS) moves by loaning basic household items for 30 days while awaiting your shipment or before you have cleared the installation. Items available include dishes, cookware, tables & chairs, high chairs, booster seats, car seats, play pens, cribs, cots and other items.

• Thrift StoreThe Fort Riley Thrift Store is located on Main Post, 267 Stuart Avenue. They offer a variety of products including pet supplies, clothing, furniture, and household goods. The store is open to the public, military and civilian are welcome. For more information call (785)784-3874.

• Transportation on Post – Our military taxi service is for official use only for official business operations within the installation.

A privately owned vehicle (POV) is highly recommended as the most efficient and practical means of traveling on the installation.

The Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency (ATA) will offer rides to and from Manhattan to the Fort Riley and Junction City areas. The cost is $2 one-way within a three-mile radius of Manhattan, Fort Riley and Junction City. Rides beyond the three-mile radius are $4 each way. For more information or to schedule a ride call 1-877-551-6345.