Fort Riley, Kansas

 

Kansas First Territorial Capitol

April 09, 2014

Organization

Kansas First Territorial Capitol

Description

The First Territorial Capitol was in the town of Pawnee in 1855 and was "abandoned" when Fort Riley began to expand.  The Capitol served as an Army storehouse, a place for church services, a lodging place, a bachelor's club, and a carpenter shop.  There is a nature trail located behind the Capitol.

Target Audience

Open to the public

Fees

No

Schedule

Call for appointments

Contact Information

785-784-5535

Location

Bldg 692 Huebner Road Fort Riley, KS 66442

Tagcapitol Tagfirst territorial capitol

//for DNN 7.3 compatibility issues