Retiree Separation Physical
- A separation physical is not mandatory (except for retirees), but it is recommended. Soldiers who elect NOT to take a separation physical must obtain a waiver (Form 57, with attached DA form 2697) from hospital. Both forms require signature by a physician's assistant or a physician.
- Soldier should complete separation physical at exam center now located at the hospital (Primary Care 3) from 30 up to 120 days out from ETS date or 60-90 days out from terminal leave.
- Separation physicals are walk-in basis only. Monday - Friday at 0600. Must have fasted for 12 hours prior & be in PT's. This is phase 1, you will be scheduled for Phase 2.
- When Soldiers appear for a separation physical, they should bring a list of medical conditions, illnesses, and injuries for which they were treated while on active duty.
- Soldiers must personally pick up the physical at hospital when complete & bring it to the Transition Center for the Final Out Appointment.
- Soldiers appearing for Final Out at the Transition Center cannot be cleared unless they bring either a completed separation physical or a waiver (with DA form 2697) signed by a physician or physician's assistant.