1. Packing and preparing all your property for shipment.
2. Protect appliances against damage while in-transit. (Secure moving parts)
3. Use new, clean packing materials for linen, clothing and bedding.
4. Use new or like-new packing materials for all other items. The use of excelsior or newspaper is not allowed. Boxed items should be padded and insulated from carton walls.
5. Pack mirrors, pictures and glass tabletops in specially designed cartons.
6 Wrap and protect all finished surfaces from marring and scratching. Usually, this is done with furniture pads on moving van.
7. Properly roll and protect rugs and rug pads at the residence. Only small "throw rugs" may be folded.
8. Pack all designated professional books, papers, and equipment in separate boxes. (weigh separately and mark on inventory)
9. Put all nuts, bolt and screws from all item disassembled for movement by carrier personnel in a bag and attach the bag securely to the item. Movers will not disassemble swing sets, play yard equipment or exercise equipment. This is the owners responsibility.
10 Mark each carton to show general contents and place a numbered sticker on the cartons.
11. Prepare an accurate and legible inventory.
12. Ensure nothing is loaded on the tailgate of the moving van unless approved by Transportation Office.
13. Remove all excess packing material from the residence.
14. Notify the Transportation Office of split shipment.