Installation Clearance Procedures
1. A Memorandum requesting out-processing installation clearing papers is sent via email or fax to Out-processing from the clearing Soldier's S1. This allows installation agencies to pre-clear the Soldier thus reducing up to 80 percent of the places a Soldier will have to go to out-process. Request must be received NET 60 days and NLT 24hr prior to when the Soldier will pick up his installation clearing papers from the Central Clearance Agency (CCA) in Building 210. Last minute submissions result in fewer agencies pre-clearing the Soldier.
2. For Soldiers that are separating by Chapter, they will need to get their memorandum authorizing them to clear CIF without orders signed off by the Transition Center (TC). Soldier will take that signed memorandum to the CCA to begin clearing.
3. For Soldiers that are permanent change of station (PCS), expiration time of service (ETS), or Retirement (RET), S1's will send the memorandum requesting out-processing via fax to 239-6873 or email to: email@example.com alias: Riley DHR Out Processing. The memorandum will have the units letterhead and Soldier's information, signed with S-1's signature block.
4. Out-Processing Questionnaire
needs to be attached with the Memorandum
requesting out-processing, the Soldier fills out, S-1 forwards all documents needed via fax to Out-processing section via fax at 239-6873 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5, Soldiers will pick up clearing papers on their respective date that was specified on the memorandum requesting out-processing, pick up needs to be at least 24 hours after the memorandum requesting Out-processing was transmitted to IO. For soldiers taking leave a copy of orders and signed leave form are required to pick up your clearing papers. We have also updated the questionnaire if you could substitute the one attached for the one on the web site.
6. Soldiers will pick up their Unit Clearance Record (DA Form 137-1) at their unit.
7. Soldiers can pick up the Installation Clearance Record (Fort Riley form) at the Central Clearance Agency (CCA) in Building 210 ten (10) working days before start of transition leave or permissive TDY (PTDY) taken in conjunction iwth PCS, ETS, or retirement.
8. If no transition leave or TDY is taken, clearance records can be picked up ten working days prior to the actual PCS, ETS, or retirement date. Soldiers pending elimination receive clearance forms as soon as the elimination is initiated with the commander's memorandum to clear without published orders.
9. Soldiers are exempt from duty rosters and routine duties ten (10) working days prior to ETS, PCS, or retirement.
10. Clearing time for transfer from one unit to another on post is normally one (1) duty day plus time required to turn in or be issued CTA-50 clothing and equipment, if required. This may be extended by the Commander in the case of Soldiers without POVs using government transportation.
11. Soldiers will be required to report to one formation each day during the clearance period unless excused by proper authority. This allows the commander/1SG to monitor the progress of soldiers' clearance.
12. Soldiers will be free to use time not required to clear military agencies to accomplish medical and administrative requirements, conclude personal affairs, and prepare for movement.
13. Only the unit commander or his/her representative can sign the Commander/1SGs signature on the Unit Clearance Record. When the unit commander is clearing the installation, clearance records will be signed by his rater or rater's authorized Deputy/XO.
14. Officers in the grade of Colonel (06) and above may designate a representative to clear the installation for them. However, these officers must personally clear their family quarters or bachelor quarters (BOQ) and arrange for shipment of household goods.
15. All Soldiers must clear their hand receipts and/or property books prior to their final CCA appointment.
16. Soldiers being administratively separated from the Army must complete installation clearance prior to reporting to the Transition Point for processing. CIF must be cleared as soon as possible after notification that a Soldier is being processed for administrative separation.
17. Soldiers conducting themselves improperly during outprocessing will be returned to their unit for corrective action.
18. Soldiers pending separation under certain Chapters will require an escort during outprocessing. Escorts will be of equal grade or higher (minimum E4) than the Soldier being separated.
19. All Soldiers will be in proper military uniform while clearing Fort Riley, to include final clearance at CCA.
20. After Soldiers clear CCA and the Transition Center or Retirement Services, they must sign out through their unit before leaving the installation.