Mission: Provides continuous holistic emergency services to the Fort Riley, Kansas military community in order to ensure the installation is safe and secure.
Vision: We are an integrated team that provides professional and selfless service to the Soldiers, Families, and Civilians of Fort Riley.
An organization which communicates and collaborates effectively both internally and externally to protect lives and property ensuring Fort Riley remains an installation of excellence.
• Remaining sensitive to human needs and treating each person with respect, compassion and dignity.
• The sanctity and protection of human life and adherence to constitutional principles as our highest priorities.
• The high level of professional and personal excellence demonstrated by our employees.
• Solving public safety problems and concerns in collaboration with the community.
• Approaching each situation as unique and responding creatively with empathy and the prudent use of discretion.
• Promoting mutual trust between the Directorate and the citizens and organizations of Fort Riley.
• Enhancing the safety and sense of security for residents, employees, and visitors alike.
• Fostering a quality work environment that encourages open communications and affords trust, respect and support for each DES employee.
• Each of our employee's contributions to the effectiveness of our organization and their involvement in decision making.