Fort Riley maintains eight access control points. Anyone entering Fort Riley, who appears to be over the age of 18, is required to show a valid DOD ID Card, state issued driver's license, identification card, or passport with a stamp.
Visitors who wish to enter Fort Riley simply need a valid state issued driver's license, state issued identification card, passport with stamp or a Visa. Visitors may enter through any of the eight access control points.
Soldiers assigned to Fort Riley are required to register their motorcycles with the DES, Bldg 219 Custer Ave. and possess an ATV Safety Institute (ASI) or Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) certification. All riders must be properly licensed and wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to operate a motorcycle on Fort Riley. PPE consists of Department of Transportation approved Helmet, eye protection, foot protection, long sleeve shirt or jacket, long pants, full fingered gloves/mittens, and a vest or outer garment that is both fluorescent and reflective.
Commercial deliveries and heavy truck traffic 1 ton or more must use exit 303 to K18 to the 12th Street Gate or Estes Gate off of U.S. Highway 77 to old Highway 77 from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Commercial deliveries at other times and access control points should request prior approval through the Fort Riley Access Control Branch at (785) 239-3138.
- Exit 301 Interstate Highway 70 is Fort Riley's main gate and is open 24 hours daily.
- On the east side of Fort Riley from Manhattan via Kansas Highway 18 is open 24 hours daily.
- On the southwest side of Fort Riley from Junction City via Washington Street is open 24 hours daily.
- On the south side of Fort Riley from Junction City via Grant Ave. is open from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. Grant ACP is closed Sundays and Federal Holidays.
Rifle Range Rd. Gate
- On the west side of Fort Riley from U.S. Highway 77 is open 5 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, only as a construction gate. There is no through traffic to the installation from this gate. Rifle Range ACP is closed on Saturday, Sunday and Federal Holidays.
Four Corners Gate
- On the North side of Fort Riley from Vinton School Rd. is open 24 hours daily.
- Is the commercial vehicle gate located on the west side of Fort Riley from U.S. Highway 77 via Old Highway 77 is open 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and closed on Sunday and Federal Holidays.
12th Street Gate
- Is the commercial vehicle gate located on the east side of Fort Riley off of Kansas Highway 18 at Camp Funston. The gate is open from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. 12th St. ACP is closed on Sundays and Federal Holidays.
Possession of Firearms
- Anyone entering Fort Riley in possession of a firearm must declare the firearm(s) to the guards. For those firearms registered on Fort Riley a person need only present their registration form along with proper identification to enter post. For firearms not registered on Fort Riley the driver of the vehicle will be directed to a safe place at
the Access Control Point where they will be assisted in obtaining a 5 day temporary registration for the firearm. Fully automatic firearms, silencers and concealed carry are not permitted on Fort Riley.